Apply for assistance to pay your rent due to COVID-19

Page 1 sur 7

Check if you can apply

Use this service if

This is your first time applying for the COVID-19 Rent Assist program.

For fastest payment, be sure to follow our instructions when entering your information.

Don't use this service if

You were already approved and want to renew a previous application for more months. If you apply again, your application may be seen as duplicate and get declined.

We will be contacting prior applicants by email with instructions for how to renew.

If you have questions, email or phone 867-332-6006.

You can use this service to apply for rent assistance if your income was reduced by 30 per cent or more due to COVID-19.

The government will pay a grant to landlords on behalf of tenants in private market rental housing. This ensures landlords continue receiving partial income from their rental properties, and tenants who have deferred paying rent will owe less.

This grant is available if:

  • You will submit this application for yourself and not on behalf of another person;
  • you are a tenant who is renting a unit in Yukon that you have resided in for at least three months; and
  • you have lost 30 per cent or more of your income due to COVID-19 and you are not able to pay rent.

The amount you can receive is based on your unit size:

  • $415 per month for a bachelor, or a room in a house;
  • $500 per month for a 1 bedroom;
  • $600 per month for a 2 bedroom; and
  • $800 per month for a 3 bedroom or larger.

This grant is available for July, August and September 2020 rental assistance.

You are not eligible for this grant if you live in First Nations housing or receive another housing benefit, including:

  • Social assistance shelter allowance;
  • rent geared to income housing;
  • rent supplements; or
  • subsidized housing.

This program is not available for mobile home pad rent.

Other funding

If you are eligible, apply for federal or other territorial funding. For example, Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB) or Employment Insurance (EI).

Before you start

You need:

  • A telephone number and email address so we can contact you;
  • your Social Insurance Number (SIN); and
  • a copy of all pages from your tenancy agreement or lease. We will accept digital photographs or PDF.

Other ways to apply

Email or phone 867-667-5759 for an application. Phone toll free: 1-800-661-0408, extension 5759.

A note about privacy

Your personal information is being collected for the purpose of determining eligibility for funding from the Yukon Housing Corporation per the terms of the specific funding program. Information collected on this form will be managed in accordance with the Access to Information and Protection of Privacy Act (ATIPP).

Social Insurance Number (SIN) information is being collected under the authority of the (Federal) Income Tax Act and will be used solely for the issuing of Statement of Benefits T5007 slips.

For further information regarding collection of information, please contact: