Use this service to apply for a rebate if you are self-employed and need to take time off work due to illness (or injury not covered by any other Act, benefit or program).
Proof of illness is not required.
Before you start
- A telephone number and email address so we can contact you;
- A copy of your most recent Notice of Assessment from Canada Revenue Agency to provide evidence of self-employment earnings;
- If you cannot provide this, submit line 13500 from an income tax return which provides evidence of self-employment;
- A copy of the Income and Tax Benefit Return that provides evidence of self-employment income; and
- A copy of your business licence, proof of your office location (such as a utility bill, or lease) or municipal business licence.
We accept digital photographs and documents in PDF, DOC, CSV or XLS formats.
Sign up for direct deposit payment
If we approve your application, we can send you payment by direct deposit. Sign up for direct deposit payment.
Other ways to apply
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 867-456-3803 for an application. Phone toll free: 1-800-661-0408, extension 3803.
A note about privacy
Personal information on this form is collected under the authority of Section 15(c)(i) of the Access to Information and Protection of Privacy Act (ATIPP) for the purpose of carrying out a program and/or providing financial assistance to the applicant. The collection, use and disclosure of your personal information is managed in accordance with the ATIPP Act and all or part of this information may be made available to the public.
For more information about the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information, please contact the Director, Business and Industry Development in writing at 303 Alexander Street, Whitehorse, YT Y1A 2L5 or by phone at 667-3430 or toll free at 1-800-661-0408 ext. 3430.